Fort Wayne Indiana Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 5401 St Joe Rd Fort Wayne IN 46835-3325 United States
Closed for Christmas, New Year, and Thanksgiving:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Three computers available; all with internet access and free access to premium databases. Two microfilm readers available.
Staff Research Specialties
Training available for internet family history research and data organization.
Resources in the Local Area
The Allen County Public Library in downtown Fort Wayne has the largest publicly funded genealogy library in the world.
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center
If you would like to volunteer at the center, please contact the director, Hugo Ramos, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not need to be an experienced genealogist; we will be happy to train you!