Fort Bidwell Indian School (California)
Fort Bidwell Indian School was established in 1898 and closed 1 March 1931, at which time its jurisdiction was transferred to Sacramento. During the time of its operation, it served primarily the Pit River and Paiute Indians of Modoc County, California as both a school and an agency of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
The records of the Fort Bidwell Indian School are included with the records of the agency, most of which have been transferred to the Pacific Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in San Francisco.
Microfilm copies of ...Narrative and Statistical Reports... for the Fort Bidwell School, 1907-1931, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, Roll 48, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (their microfilm number 1724266).
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.