Fiji, Vital Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Fiji, Vital Records, 1900-1989
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Republic of Fiji|
|Location of Fiji|
|National Archives of Fiji|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Civil birth, marriage, and death records for the years 1900 to 1989 in Fiji.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Person's name
- Birth date
- Father's name
- Spouse's name
- Marriage date
- Marriage place
- Death date
- Death place
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- Approximate date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add the new information to your records
- Use the information to find the person in other records
- Analyze the entry to see if it provides additional clues to find other records of the person or their family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- The person may be recorded with an abbreviated or variant form of their name
- Try searching by surname only
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Fiji.
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Birth registers of Indians in Fiji, 1895-1989
- Death register of Indians, 1917-1989
- Death registers, 1875-1989
- Death registers of Fijians, 1877-1989
- General birth records, 1875-1989
- Register of births for Rabi and Rotuma (Fiji), 1968-1985
- Register of deaths for Rotuma (Fiji), 1970-1974
- Register of general marriages, 1871-1989
- Register of Fijian births, 1876-1989
- Register of Fijian marriages, 1874-1989
- Register of Indian marriages, 1913-1989
- Register of marriages for Rotuma (Fiji), 1970-1974
- Registers of adoptions, 1945-1991
- Rotuman birth, death and marriage registers, 1881-1969
Microfilmed Indexes[edit | edit source]
- Index to Fijian marriage records for Fiji, 1912-1917
- Index to Fijian death records, 1877-1942
- Index to Indian death records for Fiji, 1929
Related FamilySearch Historical Records Collections[edit | edit source]
- Fiji, Indian Death Records, 1899-1922
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.