Federated States of Micronesia Civil Registration
|Federated States of Micronesia Wiki Topics|
|Federated States of Micronesia Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Time period: 1898-present. Earliest year by country: Kiribati (1898), Guam (1901), Northern Mariana Islands (1945), Marshall Islands (1952), Federated States of Micronesia (1952), Palau (probably 1952), Nauru (unknown).
Kiribati acquired by FamilySearch
Micronesia, Pohnpei Civil Registration, 1800-1986
- 1800-1986 - Birth and death records from the Trust Territory Archives are on microfilm at the United States National Archives, the University of Hawaii, Manoa, Pacific Collection and the National Archives of the FSM at Palikir, Pohnpei.
- Currently being digitized by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Micronesia, Pohnpei Civil Registration, 1948-2009
This collection contains birth, marriage, and death certificates from the State of Pohnpei, Micronesia, between the years of 1948-2009.
- Micronesia, Pohnpei Civil Registration, 1948-2009 (FamilySearch)
- A wiki article describing the above online collection is found at:
Death and inheritance records
Research use: Identify relationships and provide clues to other record sources.
Record type: Death inventories (notarial record concerning inheritance), wills and probates, declarations of succession, tombstone or monumental transcriptions, obituaries, sexton records, burials, and others.
General: Civil records generated in the event of death.
Time period: 1800s-present.
Contents: Names, vital statistics; and in some sources names of kin and relationship to the deceased.
Location: Administrative offices at various levels and archives.
Duplication: 20% duplication with other record types.
Population coverage: 40% of the population.
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Micronesia,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 1987-2001.