Help:Wiki University Wikitext--Image Links
(Redirected from FamilySearch Wikitext Image Links)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Nesting Lists
- Broken Links
- Image Embedding
- Image Tooltips & Borders
- Image Links
- Images & Text; Embedding PDF
- Snipping Tool & Paint
- Inline Styling
- Changing Fonts
- Font Colors
- Font Bold-Italics
- Div Tag - Intro
- Width and Height
- Alignment - Horizontal
- Breadcrumb Trails
We have shown you, so far, how to create both external and internal links using just text. Now we will show you how to take an image and make it into either an external or an internal link.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- We will use this image for our image link:
- Here is the code in which we limited the image to a width of 100 pixels:
- To make this image an external link you add the following code inside the internal link coding:
- NOTICE the pipe between the URL and the name of the link. In spite of the link being an external link it is inside internal link double square brackets and requires the pipe to separate the name from the URL.
- If you put your mouse over the image, you will see a little "tooltip" appear with the name we gave to the link. You will be taken to the website if you click on the image.
Internal Links[edit | edit source]
- The process is the same only we add the page name instead of the URL:
- Put your mouse over the image to see the "tooltip" with the name of the page name.
- If you click on the image you will be taken to the Ireland Genealogy page.
Tooltips and Links[edit | edit source]
- Tooltips appear when you give your links names.
- External links: if you insert only the URL without the name, no tooltip will appear.
- Internal links: if you do not give the internal link a name, the name of the article will appear.
- If you give the internal link a name other than the page name, the name will appear instead. For example:
Try these out[edit | edit source]