FamilySearch Wiki talk:Mediation
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Mediation page.|
- Civility and Polite Discourse is one of the Policies of the FamilySearch Research Wiki. Related to the Civility policy are the Etiquette Guidelines. These guidelines can assist authors in resolving their own disputes and avoiding the need for Mediation.
- Please join the discussion about Etiquette Guidelines that will encourage and help users understand the best practices for working in a community-driven environment.
Members of Mediation Committee
- Currently, any member of the FamilySearch Research Wiki development team and also any moderator can serve on the mediation committee.
- Please add your suggestions for identifying or volunteering to be a member of the mediation committee:
- How should someone request mediation?
- Arbitration is available when disputes are not related to article content. Please join the discussion about the Arbitration Request process.
In creating some of the pages to document the FamilySearch Wiki:Dispute resolution process I mirrored the structure used by Wikipedia, including the name that they use for the group that oversees informal mediation requests - Mediation Cabal. What should be the name of the group that handles informal mediation in this wiki? --Steve 17:05, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- For the sake of ease in communication, I was leaning toward calling it "Informal mediation." --Fran 20:45, 17 December 2009 (UTC)