FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Waypointing/Maryland, Calvert County Probate Records 1882-1989
Project Name: Maryland, Calvert County Probate Records 1882-1989
Project Owner: Heather Walgren, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-240-9458
Project Completion Deadline: October 2011
- Go to “File,” “Open Project,” and select “Maryland, Calvert County Probate Records 1882-1989 - DB” from the list on the Waypointing Wiki page from the drop-down menu, then click “OK.”
- Locate and mark any camera operator, focus images or title boards as “Administrative.”
- The Consolidated Form for this project has five fields:
- County – The county should always be Calvert. If you encounter anything other than Calvert please contact the project owner.
- Volume Title – This is the name of the book or collection of documents. It should be listed on the book cover or in the notes. If the volume title is not listed in the dropdown list, please add it to the list. If you encounter one you are not sure about please contact the project owner.
- First Year – Please list the first year listed in the record. The first year will be listed on the volume cover, in the notes field or on the first document of the waypoint.
- Last Year – Please list the last year listed in the record. The last year will be listed on the volume cover, in the notes field or on the last document of the waypoint.
- Volume Letter or Number – Only use this field if the volume had a number or letter.
- Once the consolidated form is complete, highlight the images it applies to and click “New.”
- Repeat this process until all items have been Waypointed with their own Consolidated Form.
- When you are confident that all waypoints are correct, click “Finish.” A new folder should load, or you can start with step 1 of these instructions to open a new folder.
- When you have finished your first folder, please send an email to Heather or Travis, so they can audit your work and give feedback on any issues they find.
Occasionally the information on the film notes will not match the images that are on the film. If this is the case, please use the information from the images, not the film notes. If you have any questions regarding this project please contact the project owner or one of the alternate contacts.