FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Waypointing/England, Derbyshire, Church of England, Church Records, part 1
Project Name: England, Derbyshire, Church of England, Church Records, part 1
Project Owner: Heather Walgren, email@example.com, 801-240-9458
Project Completion Deadline: August 9, 2011
Only waypoint items that deal with baptisms, christenings, births, marriages, banns, and burials. Any parish chest materials (vestry books, maintenance orders, minutes, inventories, etc.) should be marked as administrative images.
Also, please make sure to waypoint any baptisms that occur 1912 or after and any marriages 1937 or after separately from earlier dates that might be included in the same item.
- Go to “File,” “Open Project,” and select “England, Derbyshire, Church of England, Church Records, part 1, DB” from the list on the Waypointing Wiki page from the drop-down menu, then click “OK.”
- Locate and mark any camera operator, focus images or title boards as “Administrative.”
- The Consolidated Form for this project has six fields:
- County – This item should be Derbyshire. The county name will always appear as such. However, if you find a different county listed please mark all images in that item as administrative, and contact the project owner.
- Town/City – The town or city name can be found in the records or on the title boards.
- Name of Parish – The name of the parish can be found in the record or on the title boards. In some cases the name of the parish will be the same as the name of the town or the parish name will correspond with the name of the church. Please enter what is listed in the record.
- Event/s type – The event type can be found in the records or on the title boards.
- Year Range – Waypoints should be on a volume or item level. Please format your dates as First Year dash Last Year, without spaces and using all four digits of the year (ex. 1813-1844). Due to privacy laws, we will not publish baptisms/christenings from 1912 or after and marriages/banns 1937 or after. If you encounter an item that includes christening/baptism or marriage/banns dates after these cutoff dates, please create two waypoints for the item listing all dates before the cutoff in one waypoint and all entries after the cutoff date in a second waypoint. If the break between publishable and non publishable dates occurs on the same image, include that image in both waypoints.
- Volume Number – Most volumes will not include a volume number. In these cases leave this field blank. If an item you are waypointing does have a volume number listed on the book cover/binding or in the title pages please note this number or letter in the volume number field.
- Once the consolidated form is complete, highlight the item it applies to and click “New.”
- Repeat this process until all items have been Waypointed with their own Consolidated Form.
- When you are confident that all waypoints are correct, click “Finish.” A new folder should load, or you can start with step 1 of these instructions to open a new folder.
- When you have finished your first folder, please send an email to Heather or Travis, so they can audit your work and give feedback on any issues they find.
If you encounter an item on your film that does not relate to Church of England records please mark all of the images in that item as administrative as they will not be published as part of this collection. If you need to block an item please send an email or call Heather to let her know and reference the DGS number of that folder (located in the blue bar at the top of the Waypointing tool).
Occasionally the information on the film notes will not match the images that are on the film. If this is the case, please use the information from the images, not the film notes. If you have any questions regarding this project please contact the project owner or one of the alternate contacts.