FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2013 May 8
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
The Wiki currently has 87,851 articles in English
- Utah Library Association pre-conference Wed, May 1: preso went OK. There were about 35 people who attended. One man (did not get his name) is working on Logan City. Received feedback on "Getting Access to Records" - change to "Get a copy"
- SEO suggestion: Guide to ____ County Utah genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- Change current SEO to: Guide to Box Elder County, Utah genealogy, suggesting resources to find parents and family history since 1856, when the county was formed. Includes birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, cemeteries, church records, probate records, and obituaries.
- Cemetery Records progress: Slow: Sevier has been done since last meeting.
- LDS Church records all counties have been completed, such as Washington County Some problems with Salt Lake County have been resolved.
- Libraries section - discuss ideas for the format
- Much was suggested, incorporating on the page.
- Websites section - wording, which sites to list, etc.
- Did not get to this.
- Closer to home access page. Feedback needed on the arrangement and what's missing. Ideas for the name of the page? Instead of "Obtain the Records" or "Getting Access to Records" - change to "Get a copy"
- Did not discuss the page, just the tip wording that gets to the page.
- United States Business Records James is about 3/4 finished. Then will populate the Utah county pages. Big job, but learning so much.
Decisions to make, things to do:
- Temple records are addressed under "Tracing LDS Ancestors". Should something be on the county page if there is a Temple in their county?
- Pat will fix the Utah Church Records page and will refer them to the county pages for membership records -- not done as yet (Knee surgery)
- Bible records Pat will ask DUP
- Vital records area needs to be populated (the one before birth)- Wilma still to do
- Wilma will focus soon on Deaths, then Marriages.
- Project end: We will adapt some of the tasks for the Ohio project so people will have something constructive to do after we are not actively engaged. Wilma plans to be finished with her parts (see below) by March 31.
- Next meeting: June 5th.
- Extinct counties need to be added to the Utah page, with links to pages for them
- Pat sent a site for Utah Place Names include extinct places. Where Utah gazetteers pages List of all towns, communities, then a picture from that place.
- Wilma will make a link to the counties from the Utah church records page
- To do: county blurb with links to Utah Maps page.
- Genealogical Surveys also mentioned in a previous meeting: Do only for Ogden, Davis, Salt Lake? and others with large compilations. P 13 of printed version Utah Research Outline granite stake, Ogden Stake, 289.3?...
From previous meetings:
- Not a priority: Gallery of images: Joy and I talked about this. Need a process, so others can submit images of the various counties and we won't have to maintain it. (More discussion in Nov 21 meeting. Get with Joy about those suggestions.)
- FHLC links.
- To do: once Libraries section is ready, show the FHLC links to the person who has not liked them.
- Wording for other topics.
- Marriages -- many people may have married in a Temple, and their records recorded there.