FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 June 27
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
Meeting Participants: Marilyn and Patsy attending meeting for work
(Gene Sabin -- Pat will invite him to our meeting. Sabwoo)
News and Events
- July 19 Virtual presentation presented by Sue Maxwell, Strategies for Searching Using Ancestry. UGA Virtual Chapter meeting which occurs every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain).
- July 31-Aug 3 BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- August 18 (Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Cedar City
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 20 June
- Tip icon now has green bar, has been placed in "Parent Counties" area.
- The revised Table at top is now on every county.
- Work was done on the Probate and Land records topics. Will review in a few moments. Thanks Jana.
- A missionary is working on the History Timeline of each county for events that affected records, record-keeping, and migration.
- She is searching the county and towns using Wikipedia and Utah History Encyclopedia.
- Will cite sources.
- Will then copy info to other areas, as appropriate. Example: "1856. Settlers came from Cedar City, Utah to [town in this county]" should also be placed under migration.
- Another missionary is being trained to copy the map on the Utah page to make "surrounding counties" maps (color!) for the county pages.
- Which is most useful, historical county borders or current? Send them to animap or an online book of maps.
Topics that may need less discussion: Leader/assistants do examples, get suggestions and approval:
- Review Probate
- Review Land and property
- Be sure to refer to the state pages as well
- Cemeteries: do we want bullets or tables? table Consensus after discussion: headings with bullets and links to the specific county, can have explanation for limitations and other things they can do.
- Funeral home records
Vital records (BMD, Div)
Birth in bulleted style Suggest resources, review for dates and content.
How ready are we to create a task description for birth?
- Pre-1856 is OK
- Discussed dates counties have records (to present)?
- Suggestion: years when births are restricted is another break (1911 is at state archives, indexes online for some counties
- Variations can be put on the county's talk page if all details are not known and no time to research it now. allows it to be revisited in future
- Each county is different
Summary of minutes:
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Future focus for discussions:
- Church records
- Cemetery records
- Library area of each county
- Tip Bank