FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Apr 4
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
News and Events
- 1940 Census Help UGA's project with FamilySearch Indexing
- UGA Virtual Chapter, every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain). 19 April topic: 1940 census with Tom McGill, FamilySearch
- Saturday, June 9th, a Family History Fair will be held in Murray. Sponsored by FamilySearch? Details will follow.
- BYU July31- Aug 3, BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- Cedar City (August 18th) and Sandy (September 21 and 22) UGA Regional Conferences
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 28 Mar
- Photo info page no real progress since last week
- Icons for tips: Decision to have a similar - but more colorful icon and indent tip information (No further progress)
- Newspapers "blurb": Let's make a decision this week
- Chronicling America page created by James Tanner.
- Newspapers task: did create a few templates. Did not get with Liz about writing the task
Tasks to finish writing this week
- What will be our process when we see that someone else has already entered something under Newspapers on a county page?
- Finalize the content and style for the Newspapers topics
Tasks we need to get going on
We need to get these ready so we can make the task
- What order shall we do them in: greatest need for users or quickest to write?
- Or a combination of both.
Decided: we will add our votes to each one by Monday p.m.
Needing much discussion:
- Vital records (WA: 1) (JS:1)
- Cemetery records WA: 2) (JS:2)
- Church records (WA: 4) (JS:3)
- Libraries (WA: 3) (JS:4)
Do examples, get approval (may be quicker)
- Funeral home records (WA: 4) (JS:4)
- Land and property (WA: 3) (JS:2)
- Probate (WA: 1) (JS:1)
- Court (WA: 2) (JS:3)
[JS: By the way, are divorice records going to be part of vital records or court records?]
Libraries Discussion, con't
Yet to be addressed:
- List only libraries that have collections - or list others as well
- Link to Utah Archives and Libraries page from each county
- Format for gathering information - not yet decided
- Pictures of Libraries would be helpful
Summary of decisions to this point in the conversation
- Bullets used with text of "four"or less items
- Headings used for "five" or more items with only pertinent explanations
- Indented text tip with small icon - icon yet to be determined
- No extra lines between bullets will be used - keep text together
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- To be determined by the group
To discuss soon:
- Vital records setup: making ready for items to be entered
- Cemetery records
- Church records
- Funeral home records
- Land and property
- Provide context continued
- Tip Bank continued.