FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject New Record Collections for other websites
Purpose[edit | edit source]
To keep the wiki updated with newest databases released from Ancestry and other major or minor genealogical websites.
Contact[edit | edit source]
Task List[edit | edit source]
Instructions[edit | edit source]
1. Use the
Task List to record any new collections (do not do FamilySearch collections).
2. Review Dick Eastman's blog to determine new collections available on these genealogy websites.
3. Add the new collections to the
Task List answering all the column headings.
4. Once the collection is recorded on the
Task List, determine what wiki pages they should go to. Record this on the Task List.
5. Add the links to the appropriate wiki pages using the Creating Database entry instructions below:
6. Do not add any links to Online Genealogy Pages. Instead, mark on the Task list that they need to be added. Kathi Hanna will add them to those pages.
Creating Database entry[edit | edit source]
To create a database link, follow these instructions
1. If the database entry we are adding was FindMyPast's New South Wales Passenger Lists, wikitext would be:
*'''1826 - 1900''' - [http://search.findmypast.com/search-world-Records/new-south-wales-passenger-lists New South Wales Passenger Lists, 1826-1900] at [http://www.findmypast.com/ FindMyPast] - Index and images ($)
- If the title of the collection does not include a year span, try determining it but reviewing the collection under a Learn More section. If dates cannot be determined, leave it off.
- If the description does not seem to include all areas in the title (i.e., if its a new index that is not yet completed), type incomplete after the Index and Images information. Example: "Index and images ($), incomplete
- List the databases on the wiki page in chronological order
- If it is a subscription website, add, ($) after the index or image information as seen in the example above.
To access available information, first log into FamilySearch.