FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Adding New Record Collections
To keep the wiki updated with newest releases from FamilySearch and Ancestry.
- 5 October 2015 - completed
- 12 October 2015 (Task List A) Completed
- 19 October 2015 (Task List B) Completed
- 26 October 2015 (Task List C) Completed
- 9 November 2015 Task List D) Completed
- 6 December 2015 (Task List E) Completed
- 21 December 2015 (Task List F) Completed
- 4 January 2016 (Task List G) Completed
- 11 January 2016 (Task List H) Completed
- 16 February 2016 (Task List I) Completed
- 22 February 2016 (Task List J) Completed
- 14 March 2016 (Task List K) Completed
- 28 March 2016 (Task List L) Completed
- 11 April 2016 (Task List M) Completed
- 31 May 2016 - Civil War 1 (Task List N) Completed
- 31 May 2016 - Civil War 2 (Task List O) Completed
- 31 May 2016 - Civil War 3 (Task List P) Completed
- 31 May 2016 - Civil War 4 (Task List Q) Completed
- 15 August 2016 (Task List R) Completed
- 22 August 2016 (Task List S) Completed
- 30 August 2016 (Task List T) Completed
- 6 September 2016 (Task List U) Completed
- 12 September 2016 (Task List V) Completed
- 19 September 2016 (Task List W) Completed
- 3 October 2016 (Task List X) Completed
- 10 October 2016 (Task List Y) Completed
- 28 October 2016 (Task List Z) Completed
- 7 November 2016 (Task List AA) Completed
- 21 November 2016 (Task List BB) Completed
- 5 December 2016 (Task List CC) Completed
- 12 December 2016 (Task List DD) Completed
- 19 December 2016 (Task List EE) Completed
- 6 March 2017 (Task List FF) Completed
- 20 March 2017 (Task List GG) Completed
- 27 March 2017 (Task List HH) Completed
- 10 April 2017 (Task List II) Completed
- World War I Centennial (Task List JJ) Completed
- 24 April 2017 (Task List KK) Completed
- 22 May 2017 (Task List LL) Completed
- 28 June 2017 (Task List MM) Completed
- 10 July 2017 (Task List NN) Completed
- 31 July 2017 (Task List OO) Completed
- 23 August 2017 (Task List PP) Completed
- 28 August 2017 (Task List QQ) Completed
- 12 September 2017 (Task List RR) Completed
- 25 September 2017 (Task List SS) Completed
- 16 October 2017 (Task List TT) Completed
- 23 October - 13 November 2017 (Task List UU) Completed
- 4 December 2017 (Task List VV) Completed
- 11 December 2017 (Task List WW) Completed
- 21 December 2017 (Task List XX) Completed
- 8 January 2018 (Task List YY) Completed
- 22 January 2018 (Task List ZZ) Completed
- 1 February 2018 (Task List 2018A) Completed
- 12 February 2018 (Task List 2018B) Completed
- 12 March 2018 (Task List 2018C) Completed
- 26 March 2018 (Task List 2018D) Completed
- 2 April 2018 (Task List 2018E) Completed
- 9 April 2018 (Task List 2018F) Completed
1. Go to the Task Page and choose a record to insert onto the pages. Sign your name onto that line so that no one else will start working on that record.
2. The task list will give you the heading to place the record under, all the pages where the record is to be placed, as well as what to put in the Edit Summary Box. Depending on the record, you will be placing it on Jurisdiction pages (counties), Online Records Pages and Topic Pages.
3. The first time you enter a record on a page, in addition to looking at the page to be sure it looks right, click on the link to be sure it goes to the collection it is supposed to. If it does not, contact Jane to get corrected coding.
1. A list of counties for a state can be found on the state page. Open the first county page and go down to the heading for your record (Vital Records, Military, etc). Once there, you will look under the correct section for your record (birth, death, marriage, divorce, etc).
- Be sure your record does not already appear on the listing on the county page.
- If it does, go on to the next county. If you find the record already exists on the first 15 counties, then just spot check a few more counties and if there, you can assume it is on all the county pages.
- If it does not, you will want to add it to the page
2. Click on the box to edit the section you want to insert the record in. In order to add the record to the page you will have to go into wikitext. To do this go to the top left of your edit box and click on "wikitext."
Once you click on Wikitext, your screen will change to show the page layout in wikitext format.
You want to copy the entire text from the record you chose on the task list and paste it on the bottom of the list on the page.
3. Enter the description in the edit summary box and then save your page. Once you have saved the page, go down to the Vital Records section on the page and be sure your record shows up as you expect it to. This is an example of a Texas Death and Burials Record after it is placed on a page:
4. Repeat this procedure for state or country topic pages. If you have instructions to place a record on the state or country topic page and that page does not exist, indicate that on the task list and keep going. Not every state or country has the same topics on their topics bar.
1. Before placing a record on the topic page, check the page to see if a heading has already been created for online records/databases. If there is a heading already there, place the record under that heading. If there is not a heading, go to the top of the page and create a heading with the title Online Records and then place the record under that heading.
Online Records Pages
NOTE: It is no longer required to add collections to the Online Records Pages. Kathi Hanna is keeping these pages up to date.
Once you have finished inserting the record onto all of the pages, go back to the Task List and enter the completed date beside your name on the list.