FamilySearch Wiki:Missionary Training Lessons
We are including the Missionaries Training Lessons in the Wiki so everyone can have access to these to review skills, to update and share these items.
Missionary Training Preparation
Before Classes begin Lesson
- While in the General training this page will help prepare new missionaries for the training classes. FamilySearch Wiki:Missionary Training Preparation.
This week will cover all the ways we communicate with each other. The use of Skype, Email, Google docs, Yammer, Salesforce and Webex. Then we will have an over view of the Wiki. Finally we will cover the policies and principals used to guide us in the Wiki.
- First Lesson Wiki Support Missionaries Communication Tools
- Second Lesson FamilySearch Wiki:Support Team, Our Special Pages and the Support Team Duties
- Third Lesson An Overview of the Wiki for Missionaries
- Fourth Lesson An Overview of the Toolbox and Personal Tools
- Fifth Lesson Wiki Policies and Principles
Our goal in the second week is to help you edit in the Wiki.
The Wiki Lessons for Week Two
- Lesson Wikitext - Lesson One
- Lesson Wikitext - Lesson Two
- Lesson Wikitext - Lesson Three
- Lesson Wikitext - Lesson Four
Our goal in the third and fourth weeks is to get you ready and prepared to do everything in your Wiki Missionary Schedule.
- Lesson Talk Pages, Preferences and General Maintenances
- Lesson New Pages, Talk Pages and Recent Changes
- Lesson FamilySearch Wiki:Salesforce Support Cases
- Lesson FamilySearch Wiki:Salesforce Image Cases
- Lesson FamilySearch Wiki:Uploading Images and Placement on Articles
- Lesson FamilySearch Wiki:Templates, Categorization and Clean up
Now you get to practice each of the items on your own. You still can come to trainers or any of the team to ask questions, as all of us do.
A Great Resource
Lee Drew is a former Team Lead for the Wiki Support Group. He created a GREAT sandbox in which he placed many of the items we use in the wiki and how to use them. You may not need these now but in the future you will be very glad to have it. Please do not edit this page.
Other Pages to Review
- FamilySearch Wiki:Missionary Training Preparation
- Help:Contributor Help
- FamilySearch Wiki:Categorizing Files
- The Main Hub
- The Support Center
- New Contributor Lessons Hub
Support Team TrainingSupport Team Training Tips