FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the New Mexico pages
Many Hands Make Light Work...
Everyone knows at least a little bit about something or someplace. The information you contribute could be exactly what someone else needs to connect with or add to their family history.
Pages Projects That Need Your Help
- Regularize the subject headings by making them a consistent size
- Adding Categories
- Fixing broken links
- Add information to your county and/or city pages. Help:Editing a Page
- Prepare county histories - county section of this state.
- What information can you add to an article about about a repository of genealogical interest?
Specific repository pages that need to be created are in red or also see the Major Repositories section on the New Mexico page which also has articles that can be improved.
- Outside company providing content ... we are putting in the wiki for formatting.
- Write about Migration Trails - Which Counties and Towns they went through in both the U.S. & Canada. Also there is a section of Migration Routes on the state page. The topics in black, i.e. those without links, still needs to be created. Use the following helps: Creating a Wiki Article Searching for and Creating Articles.
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, click here:
Instructions for filling out stub articles. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
- Instructions for moderator: To see all of the stub articles for your locality click here...See the locality in Stub Types.
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: Creating a Wiki Article| or Searching for and Creating Articles.
- Follow the red links below to create a requested Wanted page:
Example: Look at what has been added to sections on this page and compare to the above stub pages.
Specific Needs for Your Area
All the County Templates need work. First select a county to work on, then research and any of the Following:
- Click on Place in the Content section of the County page,
- Select an item to work on in red and click (You are now creating a new page.)
- Go into Wikitext and use Creating a Wiki Article to create your page.
Maintaining Existing Pages
- Check and fix broken links
- Patrolling New Pages
- Patrolling Recent Changes
- Add Catagories to pages
Other Help Wanted
The Country pages, the state and provenience pages, and the county and parish pages need you! To learn more about what help is needed in specific countries enter the words 'help wanted' in the search box and click on the country you have an interest in. At the bottom of most of these pages is a list containing instructions and information on what is needed for that particular area.
In addition to that, here are some simple ways you can add information other researchers need!
- Add links to the David Rumsey Map Collection for the state or county in question. For an example, see the Pennsylvania.
- Add each state or county's creation date and parent states/counties. This information can be found using the Place Search in the Family History Library Catalog.
- Add links to digitized state and county histories. A large collection of such histories is Brigham Young University's Family History Archives. A shortcut to searching it for local histories is on the BYU-FHL Digital Books Collection page.
- The Research Wiki is also available in ten other languages. You can help by [https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en
/FamilySearch_Wiki:Translation translating pages] into one of the other languages.
- Assistants to our moderator are needed to work with and support contributors to the New Mexico pages. Would you like to help the moderator?