FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the Mississippi pages
Many Hands Make Light Work...
Everyone knows at least a little bit about something or someplace. The information you contribute could be exactly what someone else needs to connect with or add to their family history.
Pages & Projects That Need Your Help
- Some examples of beginner projects might be checking for broken links or adding categories to pages.
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, review the article FamilySearch Wiki:Stub. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
Instructions for moderator: To see all of the stub articles for your locality, review Category: Mississippi stubs.
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: Creating a Wiki Article Searching for and Creating Articles.
- Follow the red links below to create a requested Wanted page:
Maintaining Existing Pages
Specific Needs for Your Area
- State, county, and town histories often contain biographical sketches of local citizens, including important genealogical information. This may be one of the best sources of information for some families.
- If you are interested in being a moderator for a state or country, please contact the Support Team
Other Help Wanted Projects
- If there are other areas of the FamilySearch Wiki you would like to volunteer for, we have a Wiki Help Wanted page that lists additional projects and areas where help is needed.