FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the Illinois pages
|Illinois Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Find genealogy records: vital records (birth, marriage, and death), census, cemeteries, probate, land, libraries, societies, churches, newspapers, etc. for Illinois, the Land of Lincoln.
|Illinois Home||Online Resources||Archives and Local Resources||Ideas and Fixes|
Ideas to improve Illinois wiki pages[edit | edit source]
Using the Illinois wiki pages...
- Was there something you could not find?
- What will make the information clearer?
- Did you see something that needs to be added or updated?
Please post your ideas and suggestions below:
- The Illinois Migration page needs a brief intro, and a map or two. It could use an explanation of how knowing these migration routes could help with a person's research. AdkinsWH 17:04, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
- The Illinois Genealogy Records with Birth Information page could use an Illinois researcher to edit it to be sure no user is mislead in years or birth info covered. Also, are there additional records to be added? AdkinsWH 00:05, 9 May 2014 (UTC)
- The Illinois County Creation Dates and Parent Counties page. Click here for details of the how to do these fixes.
- Question: Would the page be more helpful if the "proposed, extinct, and non-county areas" mentioned in Boundary Changes at Newberry Library site were added? Would the dates when these [failed] counties were proposed be helpful if YOUR ancestor's lived in that area?
Add or Update Content[edit | edit source]
If you are interested in being a moderator for a state or country, please contact the Support Team
Stub Pages[edit | edit source]
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, review the article FamilySearch Wiki:Stub. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
- For more Illinois Stub Pages Go to Illinois stubs
Wanted Pages[edit | edit source]
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a "red" link to it.
- To Do: Go through Wikipedia for each town listed below to determine if it is a county seat. If not, remove it from the list. County seats, however, need some information added to the wiki. Follow the red links below to create a requested page:
- Adams, Illinois
- Blacks, Illinois
- Calftown, Illinois
- Chatton, Illinois
- Chestline, Illinois
- Coatsburg, Illinois
- Ellington, Illinois
- Ewbanks, Illinois
- Fall Creek, Illinois
- Fowler, Illinois
- Gilmer, Illinois
- Golden, Illinois
- Centralia, Illinois
- Edgewood, Illinois
- Flora, Illinois
- Hunter, Illinois
- Bargerville,Illinois\Bargerville, Illinois
- New Liberty, Illinois
- Round Knob, Illinois
- Unionville, Illinois
- Washington Park, Illinois
- Look through the list of wanted pages
Maintain existing pages[edit | edit source]
Some examples might be checking for broken links or adding categories to pages.
- Adding Categories
- Repair Broken Links
- Add information to your county and/or city pages.
- Prepare county histories - county section of each state.
- Repositories - what's in a repository of genealogical interest ... U.S. Canada.
- Write about Migration Trails - Which Counties and Towns they went through in both the U.S. and Canada.
[edit | edit source]
Counties[edit | edit source]
- Link to online county and town histories. They often contain biographical sketches of local citizens, including important genealogical information. This may be one of the best sources of information for some families.
Other Help Wanted Projects[edit | edit source]
- If there are other areas of the FamilySearch Wiki you would like to volunteer for, we have a Wiki Help Wanted page that lists additional projects and areas where help is needed.