FamilySearch Wiki:FamilySearch Account
A FamilySearch (FS) Account is the sign in credentials (user name and password) required to to use FamilySearch online resources. There is no cost for a FamilySearch account.
How do you create a FS account?[edit | edit source]
- Use this link to create a free FamilySearch Account
To register for an account:
- Users must have a valid email address, and will need to be able to receive and respond to an email confirmation before being able to utilize a newly created account; or,
- Users must have a cell phone with texting service. Texting fees may apply as required by a user's phone plan.
Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can use their ChurchofJesusChrist.org account login and password to access FamilySearch resources.
For more information, see FamilySearch Account
Why do you need a free FS account?[edit | edit source]
Access to a FamilySearch account allows a user to:
- view images for certain restricted collections at FamilySearch.org
- make edits in the FamilySearch Research Wiki
- index records (FamilySearch Indexing)
Discovery Centers[edit | edit source]
- To better improve your experience at a FamilySearch Discovery Center, it is suggested you create a FamilySearch account and add individuals to your Family Tree. At the Discovery Center, different activities review your family tree to provide you a unique experience regarding your family and ancestors.