FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 16 August 2012
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 0000; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Wilma - thanks for updating the Forums section of this page each week and adding new meetings.
Updates and follow up
- Please take the time to vote to reactivate the "Thumbs up/Thumbs Down" feature. Unfortunately, the poll is buried under the "General Indexing" forum, so wiki contributors or users of other forums will not be aware. Share the link and encourage people to vote if this feature is important to you. Lise 12:09, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
New Agenda Items
- Personal genealogy on the Wiki
- FamilySearch accepts PDF's, such as transcriptions from cemeteries. Nathan will get information.
- Add a link on the Content template to "Try Another Wiki". David Dilts will take care of it. Also, when the template is added, add a parameter explaining the problem.
- Community Council - is in progress
- Purpose, etc. will be posted on Forums
- Interaction with other organizations, such as USGenWeb, who are contributing to the Wiki.
- What about the Brits?
- The council will need credibility
- Six community members, liasions from other organizations, such as FGS, international representation
- Meet monthly, then have quarterly meetings with other organizations, coincide with genealogy conferences, etc.
- Need incentive for people to participate.
- Agenda page - add tips and tricks to the top of the agenda
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last update
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week