FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 10 Apr 2012
MeetingPlace ID: 0000; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
- Benjamin Fuller here for Historical Records
Kudos go to ...
- Sandra Pond for work on categories
Updates and follow up
- Consider change to "Community" label for the menu on the right - what do you think about "Editing in the Wiki"? Other ideas? -- janellv 18:34, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
- Suggestion: Working in the Wiki; Contributors' Community; Things to do; Wiki Workers; Wiki Writers;Community Volunteers; Wiki Neighborhood
- Vote next week - talk to researchers this week and ask what they would expect to see when looking for help
- We need to vote on this one today.
- Vote results -
- Results and suggestions should go to the Useability team for input on what people will be searching for - Janell will talk to Tyson and Blair Keddington
- Building the Wiki - 10 votes out of 14
- Widgets - update - Jane and anyone else involved with this one
- Wiki page - FamilySearch Wiki Widget
- Namespace needs to be changed
- Discussion ensued regarding using "Research Wiki" on the page or just "FamilySearch Wiki".
- Style Guide should reflect common words used in Research (SCO) - Lise is getting some information.
Moderators and Adopters
First meeting of the month focus
- Discussion about implementing duties from Forums.
- Message that went to Moderators - if it offended anyone, we apologize.
Style Guide Discussions
Project Help Requests
- Need help with your project? See a project that needs to be done? Add it here:
Improve the Wiki
- State topics Blitz. You may have noticed that many state topics pages are being edited. The 1940 Census landing pages are advertizing U.S. state topic Wiki pages (example: California (see right side bar "California Research Topics" and "FamilySearch Wiki Articles"). This could be very good and give the Wiki lots of exposure!
- Staff at the Family History Library are frantically (we weren't forewarned this was coming :) ) trying to make sure all these pages are presentable. Things we're trying to fix include: (1) dead links, (2) outdated information, (3) reducing oversized images, and (4) repairing reference errors. Volunteers are welcome to help. To sign up for a state to work on, visit State Pages Blitz Progress Chart on Google Docs. Contact me if you have any questions: Danielle Batson.
Given the above, should the page for Hamilton County Ohio here look like this? Has all the resources as clickable anchor links to a second page with those. If so, it isn't as clear as it should be I think that you go to another page for the categories, which are clickable headers.
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week