FamilySearch Indexing: US, Louisiana—State Deaths, 1956–1957, Overview
From FamilySearch Wiki
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- Only records with death information are to be indexed in this project.
- The project includes both death certificates and amendments.
- The records were made on preprinted forms. Most were typed, but some were handwritten.
- Batches contain 15 images each.
- Each image usually has just one certificate.
- Project Instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing guidelines (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.