FamilySearch Indexing: US—Registers of U.S. Army, 1798-1913, Overview
From FamilySearch Wiki
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- All records are registers of enlistment in the U.S. Army from 1798 to 1913.
- The registers are handwritten on handwritten or printed forms, but the location of information on the forms varies over time.
- Each batch includes one image, and each image has 40 entry lines.
Description of the Records
- The records were handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Each image has 40 entry lines.
- Project-specific indexing instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing instructions (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- FamilySearch indexing home page
- Resource Guide
- Indexing projects progess