FamilySearch Indexing: South Africa—Methodist Parish Registers, Overview
From FamilySearch Wiki
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and a variety of old handwriting styles.
- Although many of the images in this project are at the intermediate level, there are also many at the beginning level.
Characteristics and Description
- All records are in English though some forms are in Afrikaans as well as English.
- Each batch contains one image.
- Images may contain up to 60 records, but many will have much fewer.
- Each image has either one or two pages.
- The records were usually handwritten, although some were typed. They may be printed forms or handwritten forms.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- Project Instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing guidelines (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- FamilySearch indexing home page
- Resource Guide
- Indexing projects progress
- No restrictions are associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.