From FamilySearch Wiki
- Wiki Introduction
- Purpose of Wiki
- Appropriate Topics
- Wiki Main Page
- Main Page (Cont.)
- Research Wiki Tabs
- Guiding Principles
- Conditions of Use
- Manual of Style
- Article Anatomy
- How to Contribute
- My Preferences
- How to Edit
- Research in the Wiki
- First topic we'll cover is headers.
- These are the large printed words that head a section on the page.
- you will notice a small edit box to the left edge of the page for the header
Here are the different header sizes:
Wiki code for headers
- First, you'll notice the equal signs on either side of the headers.
- The number of equal signs determines size of font.
Uses of Headers
- Header One - are reserved only for titles of articles. Please, don't use them in articles.
- Header Two - can cause problems in formatting, so avoid them. This will be explained later in the course.
- Header Three and Header Four are the best choices for creating headers in articles as you see in this lesson.
- Header Five and Header Six are small and are rairly used, but they do have their uses.
- When headers are created, a little edit box appears just to the right of the header.
- Clicking on this allows one to edit the material under the header, but nothing else on the page.
- To edit the entire page you have to click on the "Edit This Page" button at the top of the article.