Fairfax Parish, Virginia
Fairfax Parish has served Fairfax County, Virginia. The Falls Church (aka Little Falls Church) fell within the bounds of Fairfax Parish and earlier, Truro Parish. Christ Church in Alexandria, St. Paul's Church in Alexandria, and Lower Church (location forgotten) also fell under the jurisdiction of Fairfax Parish.
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
- The Falls Church (official website). Includes a history in "About" section.
- The Falls Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- The Falls Church Marker, [another description], The Historical Marker Database
- "The Falls Church," in National Register of Historic Places Inventory, p. 8, accessed 17 February 2011.
- William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- Wesley E. Pippenger, Tombstone Inscriptions of Alexandria, Virginia (Westminster, Md.: Family Line Publications, 1992).
- Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 129-133.
- Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 134-138.