Exeter New Hampshire Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Welcome to the Exeter New Hampshire Family History Center.
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 55 Hampton Falls Rd, Exeter, NH 03833-4700 Please note that this is not a mailing address.
- Enter at the rear of building through the door on the left.
- Wednesday: 10:00am - 2:00pm and 6:30pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday: 6:30pm - 9:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Inclement Weather Closings: We are closed on school snow days. If roads are cleared during the day we may be open in the evening. Before you come please call 603-778-2509 during our scheduled hours to see if we have re-opened.
2019 Holiday Closings:
May 25, July 3 - 6, August 31, November 27 - 30, December 25 - January 1
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by patrons, assorted titles. Contains family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection A small collection of books containing research guidance materials, biographies, indexes and databases. Our books are listed on LibraryThing: https://www.librarything.com/profile/exeter.fhc
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal- Free subscription websites available at our center.
- The 19th Century British Library Newspapers digital archive
- Access Newspaper Archives - historical newspapers around the U.S. and the world
- Alexander Street Press, American Civil War - data on soldiers, letters and diaries, images, photographs, ephemera
- Ancestry.com (World Edition)
- ArkivDigital Online - Swedish church records
- Fam.net - New Zealand Family History
- Find My Past - mainly British records, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australian, New Zealand, Canada, the United StatesUnited Kingdom, Ireland, Australian, New Zealand, Canada, United States as a British colony
- Fold3 - records from every major US, complete pensions files for the Revolutionary War and War of 1812, international records, newspapers and a native American collection
- Geneanet - genealogy in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Germany
- Kinpoint - Shows problems for your ancestors in the FamilySearch tree
- My Heritage - Us and international records, family trees
- Paper Trail - 19th-century westward American migration documents to the far West, a searchable index with names, places and a survey of the text
- Puzzilla Premium Services - reveals new areas for research in descendants of ancestors in the FamilyTree database
Software installed on our computers[edit | edit source]
- Snagit – screen capture software
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Lexmark multi-function printer / scanner - Scan larger documents, Scan pictures directly to FamilySearch or to a thumbdrive or external drive, Prints legal size.
- 6 computers with dual screens
- 4 Microfilm readers
- 1 Microfilm/Micro Fiche scanner - images can be printed or scanned to a thumbdrive
- 1 Micro Fiche reader
- Wolverine Reels to Digital Movie Maker - Converts 8 mm and Super 8 movies to a digital format
- Wolverine Film to Digital Converter - Converts negative and slides for film sizes 126, 127 and 135 mm, Converts 110 negatives, Converts 110 slides, Stores Digital conversions to SD card, 20 megapixel digital resolution
- Epson FastFoto FF-640 - Scans as fast as 1 photo per second, Adjusts to different photo sizes, Scans the image and handwritten notes on the back in a single scan, Restores faded photos, Organizing software
- Honestech VHS to DVD Converter - Captures video from VHS, cameras and optical discs or audio from cassettes, micro cassettes or record players to the computer in digital form that can then be edited with software
- Vivitar Card Reader - Transfer photos or documents stored on: SD cards, Micro SD cards, XD cards, Memory sticks, Micro Memory Sticks. Compact Flash cards to your laptop, to your computer, an external drive or thumbdrive
- Magix Movie Pro Software - Photos, documents, audio or video can be be edited or used to create movies or slideshows with transition, text, music or audio narration.
Other Helpful Websites[edit | edit source]
- ttps://www.thefhguide.com/ The Family History Guide - A free learning, research, and training center
- Hungary Exchange
- Legacy Stories
- FamilySearch UTube
- FamilySearch Wiki
- Genuki (UK & Ireland)
- Find A Grave
- Utah Digital Newspapers
- BYU Idaho Special Collections
- U.S. Genealogy Directory https://ldsgenealogy.com/dir/
- Cyndi’s List
- David Rumsey Map Collection https://www.davidrumsey.com/home
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
American-Canadian Genealogical Society https://acgs.org/