Erdington, Warwickshire Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||Aston|
|Parish registers: 1824; For more records see Aston juxta Birmingham|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1824|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory) Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Warwickshire County Record Office|
Erdington, is a chapelry, in the parish and union of Aston, and the hundred of Hemlingford, Warwickshire, it is 4 miles E from Birmingham. Birches Green is in the chapelry, andlies on the road from the village to Curdworth. The Independents and Roman Catholics each have a place of worship.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Adapted. Accessed November 19, 2013.