Elon North Carolina Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Elon North Carolina Family History Center opened in June of 2018. Services are free and open to the public. We welcome all.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- Language: English
- Address: 712 S Williamson Ave, Elon, North Carolina, 27244
- Turn into the Church driveway and go to the back of the building.
- The Family History Center is located through the back door and to the right.
- Location Map:
- For directions using Google Maps, click link: Google
- Phone: 336 584 4582
- E-mail: NC_Elon@familyhistorymail.org
- Open Hours:
- Closed until further notice
Call to confirm hours as they may have changed. 919 273 6322
- Holiday Schedule:
- Closed 4th of July 2 & 3, 2019, Open Tues, July 9, 2019
- Thanksgiving: Tues, Nov. 20-reopen Tues, Nov 28, 2018
- Christmas: Tues, Dec 18, 2018-reopen Tues, Jan 8, 2019
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive -- the largest historical newspaper database online, contains tens of millions of newspaper pages from 1753 to present. Every newspaper in the archive is fully searchable by keyword and date, making it easy for you to quickly explore historical content. All 50 states plus 10 countries.
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War: Research Database Letters and Diaries Images, Photographs, Posters, and Ephemera
- ArkivDigital Online -- Swedish genealogy. Launch from the 'ArkivDigital Online' Start Menu or Desktop icon from a computer where the program has been installed.
- Find My Past -- 1.7 billion international family history records from the U.S., Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand and beyond with records going back to 1200. New collections are added every month,
- Fold3.com (Previously known as Footnote.com) -- Fold3 provides convenient access to US military records, including the stories, photos, and personal documents of the men and women who served.
- Paper Trail -- a guide to overland pioneer names and documents.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Our Family History Center has two computers with access to the FHC Portal.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
- U S Research
- Family Tree
- Third Party Programs
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Links[edit | edit source]
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)