El Monte, Talagante, Chile Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Commune of El Monte ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- Before reaching Pedro de Valdivia, there was a town called Llopeo, near the place where the commune currently exists.
- In 1535 the Franciscan priests settled in the place that at the moment was called El Tejar; site that was surrounded by mountains and forests so it received the name of San Francisco de El Monte.
- The town of San Francisco de El Monte was decreed the title of "Villa" on September 12, 1895.
- The commune of El Monte has an approximate population of 32,500 people.
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Registros civiles, 1885-1932 - Click on the link to see the availability of the records
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- There are no records only from the municipality of El Monte. See the records of Malloco in the commune of Peñaflor
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio Municipal El Monte
Address: Anibal Pinto s/n
Localities[edit | edit source]
- El Paico
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "El Monte (Chile)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Monte_(Chile). Visited 21 June 2017