To request editing rights on the Wiki, click here.

Edern, Gwynedd, Wales Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


History[edit | edit source]

Alternately spelled Edern or Edyrn; "a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the coast, 3 miles W by S of Nevin, and 8 WNW of Pwllheli r. station. It includes Porth Din-Llyn and Garswylld village, and has a post office under Pwllheli. Acres, 1, 380; of which 20 are water. Real property. £1, 814. Pop., 613. Houses, 145. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Carngiwch. and Pistill, in the diocese of Bangor. Valne, £362.* Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, and charities £7." (John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

For more information see Edeyrn, Caernarvonshire at genuki.org.uk

Records[edit | edit source]

Civil Registration[edit | edit source]

Church Records[edit | edit source]

Census Records[edit | edit source]

Probate Records[edit | edit source]

Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]

Websites[edit | edit source]