Eden North Carolina Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Eden, North Carolina Family History Center is commited to assisting patrons with their Genealogy in Rockingham County North Carolina and Virginia areas. We look forward to assisting you with your Family History.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 4751 US Hwy 14 Eden NC 27288 United States
- Located on the north side of the building near the east corner.
- Please ring the bell located on the right side of the door.
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal
- Freedman's Bank Records.
- Pedigree Resource File.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Computers (4)
- Microfilm and microfiche readers
- Printers, and reader
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
- Director: Donna Atkins
- Assistant Director:
- Training, Education, and Community Outreach Coordinator: Donna Atkins
- Specialties: Ancestry.com
- Patron Services Coordinator:
- Technical Services Coordinator: Alice Pulliam
- Family History Church Service Missionary:
- Specialties: Ancestry, Roots Magic, PAF, Personal Historian and PERSI
- Genealogy Specialists: Ranee Bresendine
- Family Search Wiki and Forum Moderators;
- Other Consultants: Opal Foley,
- Community Volunteers: Elwanda Ensley
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
If you are available during the day or evening and are willing to learn new skills and share old ones we would love to find a place for you at our Family History Center.
Contact: Dustan Martin - The best contact is by E-mail to the center at NC_Eden@familyhistorymail.org, please include your name, any additional information and preferred response method, phone or E-mail. Please feel free to come in person to the center and meet the staff, I will personally be at the center most Wednesday evenings.