Eastham, Barnstable County, Massachusetts Genealogy
- 1 Town Hall
- 2 Town Clerk
- 3 Quick Facts
- 4 Resources
- 5 References
Town Hall[edit | edit source]
Town Clerk[edit | edit source]
Quick Facts[edit | edit source]
Establishment and former town name(s)[edit | edit source]
Historical data relating to counties, cities, and towns in Massachusetts (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1997), [FHL book 974.4 H2h 1997].
1643: Nawsett mentioned in a list of towns having freeman able to bear arms. (Plymouth Colony Rec. Vol. VIII, p.177.)
3 March 1645: "...those that goes to dwell at Nossett..." granted land. (Ply. Col. Rec., Vol. II, p.81.)
2 June 1646: Nawsett established as a town. (Ply. Col. Rec., Vol. 11, p. 102.)
7 June 1651: "That the Towne of Nawsett be henceforth called and knwne by the name of Eastham..." (Ply. Col. Rec., Vol. XI, p. 59.)
Section/Villages within the town: Eastham Center, Great Pond, Long Pond, Nausett, North Eastham, South Eastham
Wikipedia: Eastham, Massachusetts
Boundary Changes[edit | edit source]
5 March 1678: Eastham and purchasers on both sides to settle the bounds.
16 June 1763: Part established as the district of Wellfeet.
14 July 1772: Part of Harwich annexed.
3 March 1797: Part established as Orleans
9 March 1839: Part annexed to Orleans.
26 April 1847: Part annexed to Wellfeet.
23 March 1867: Bounds between Eastham and Orleans established and part of each town annexed to the other town.
6 May 1887: Bounds beteen tidewaters of Eastham and Wellfleet established.
Neighboring Towns[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Biography[edit | edit source]
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
Bridge Road Burying Ground (1754)
Congregational and Soldiers Cemetery (1813)
Evergreen Cemetery (1806)
Old Cove Cemetery (1660)
Church History and Records[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Maps[edit | edit source]
Minorities[edit | edit source]
Newspapers[edit | edit source]
Societies, Libraries and Museums[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]