Eagle Idaho Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Eagle Idaho Family History Center is staffed by Eagle Stake, Meridian North Stake and Star Stake. We invite everyone to come and visit our center. We look forward to helping you search your family history.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Don't Miss Family Discovery Days Feb. 20th and 27th.
- 3 Go to LDS.org /familyhistory to register.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2090 N Eagle Road Eagle Idaho 83616 United States
- Park on the southwest side of building.
- Use the southwest door labeled Family History Center.
- Tuesday:9:00am-4:00pm and 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Wednesday:9:00am-4:00pm and 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Thursday:9:00am-4:00pm and 6:30pm-9:30pm
February 15th; 'March 22nd-26th ; July 2nd; The week of Thanksgiving, November 23nd-27th; December 20th-January 2nd.
Don't Miss Family Discovery Days Feb. 20th and 27th.
Go to LDS.org /familyhistory to register.
Calendar and Events
Come to the center at anytime, we are ready to help you one on one.
Feb 1, 1pm Stories and Photos
Feb 2, 10am Scanning Photos and Adding to Family Tree
Feb 2, 1pm One on One Help
Feb 2, 7pm 11 Year Old & Parent
Feb 3, 10am Learn How to Use Roots Magic
Feb 3, 1pm First Steps to Family History
Feb 4, 10am Finding Your Way Around Ancestry.com
Feb 4, 7pm 11 Year Old & Parent
Feb 8, 1pm Using The Memories App
Feb 9, 10am Getting Started
Feb 9, 1pm Source Your Family Tree
Feb 10, 10am Learn To Index
Feb 10 1pm Find Family Names for Temple Ordinances
Feb 11, 10am Find Places To Research With Puzzilla
Feb 11, 7pm Apple Devices & Family Tree
Feb 15 Closed for President's Day
Feb 16, 10am Scanning Photos & Adding to Family Tree
Feb 16, 1pm One on One Help
Feb 16, 7pm 11 Year Old & Parent
Feb 17, 10am Learn How to Use Roots Magic
Feb 17, 1pm Finding A Place to Research On a Crowded Tree
Feb 18, 10am Printing Your own names for Temple Ordinances
Feb 18, 7pm 11 Year Old & Parent
Feb 20, Family Discovery Day-Meridian North Stake 9 to 3
Feb 22, 1pm Using Puzzilla To Find A Name
Feb 23, 10am Getting Started
Feb 23, 1pm Research Newspapers
Feb 23, 7pm One On One Help
Feb 24, 10am Learn How to Use Roots Magic
Feb 24, 1pm Finding A Place to Research On a Crowded Tree
Feb 25, 10am Attaching Hints in Family Tree
Feb 25, 7pm Apple Devices & Family Tree
Feb 27, Family Discovery Day-Eagle Stake 9 to 2:30
Feb 29, 1pm Cleaning Up Your Family Tree
Six Week Consultant Training-Dates to be announced
The following gives a detailed description of the six classes. We will be learning and then practicing what we learn on the computer. We love questions! Please be prepared with your FamilySearch.org username and password. It will be used the first week.
Week1-"Hastening of the Work"-Doctrine of Family History, Overview of six week training, Intro to All Aspects of FamilySearch, Available online training at LDS.org for Consultants. User Name and Password Issues, Starting A Family Tree-Linking the living to the dead, FamilyTree-Editing, Adding Individuals, Default Dates and Places.
Week 2- “Empowering A Temple and Family History Consultant” Ideas for working with Youth & Youth F.H.C.; LDS.org-FamilyTree-training, FamilySearch resources; “Learning Center” “Product Support” “Help Center” other available resources. Organizing Your Research; familysearch.org/products; familysearch.org/partner access.
Week 3- “House of Order” Finding & Adding Sources to FamilyTree; 1-Sources from FamilySearch, 2-All Online Sources 3-Creating a source from personal documents. Duplicates & Merging. How to use & the benefits of FindARecord.com. Recordseek.com-easy way to create sources.
Week 4- “Completing our Book” Everything you need to know to add; photos, stories and documents to family tree, using paper copy, digital copy, or an online source. We will cover scanning, saving files, how to add & link to Familytree. We will learn how to use the “Memories App” a simple way to add Voice recordings, documents; and photos to your family tree!
Week 5-"Searching For My Ancestors" & "Finding Needed Temple Ordinances". We will teach a "Pattern of research", We will teach how to use Puzzilla, how to use Descendency View on Family Tree. We will teach the process of how to help others find a place on their tree that needs additional research.
Week 6-"All About Indexing" Learn how to index so you can encourage and teach others.
Notes: The Temple and Family History Consultant training is designed so that each class builds on the next one. We offer the same class twice a week, you are welcome to come either time.
The classes will be held for 1½ hours; Monday 1 to 2:30 and Thursday 7 to 8:30 pm. Our goal is that when you have completed the training that you will feel confident in your calling!
Please call or text 695-6965 to sign-up.
Eagle Idaho Family Discovery Day Was February 28th, 2015. This is the link to the recorded classes. Copy and paste into your browser. Rootstech
Eagle Idaho Family History Day was February 8th, 2014. In conjunction with Roots Tech. Over 30 classes to choose from with many classes brought in from Roots Tech.
Handouts for classes:
Personal History Without Pen and Paper Link
Computer Essentials for Effective Genealogy Link
FS Family Tree-Photos, Stories and Documents Link
FS Family Tree-My Source Box Link
Getting the Most out of Family Search Research Tools Link
Research is a Process Not a Website Link
2014 Roots Tech Handouts Link
Call 208-695-6965 to Schedule a Group.
Groups--We often have groups scheduled to use the computers Wed at 7 PM. We encourage you to call before you come those nights to be sure a computer is available for your use.
All classes can be taught one-on-one. Call 208-319-1159 to set up an appointment.
- FamilySearch Catalog: The center has the ability to receive films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. You place your order online and then come to center to view. You will receive an email when your order arrives.
- Magazines: American Ancestors, FamilyTree, and Internet Genealogy. The center has many reference books, maps and Daughters of Utah Pioneer books.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal The center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites: Ancestry, ArkivDigital online, Fold3.com, WorldVital Records, MyHeritage, findmypast, Godfrey Memorial Library, Historic Map Works Library Edition, Legacy Stories, The American Civil War, TheGenealogist, 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive, Access Newspaper Archives and Paper Trail.
- Software - Roots Magic, Legacy, Ancestral Quest, Personal Ancestral File, PAF Companion, FamilyInsight, Personal Historian, AniMap and Progeny.
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 Lenova computers with 23" screens
- 3 multi function printers
- 2 scanners (Scan straight to Family Tree)
- 5 Microfilm readers
- 1 Microfiche reader
- 1 Microfilm and microfiche copier
Resources in the Local Area
Idaho State Archives and Research Center; 2205 Old Penitentiary Road, Boise, Idaho;
- (208) 334-2620 Hours Tues-Sat 10 AM- 4 PM
Role of Temple and Family History Consultant -Working With Leaders: Link to Guide: Temple and Family History Consultant
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for those who have research skills and/or computer skills. Contact us at the email above.