The name Dwygyfylchi means the meeting of the two semi circles, referring to the two promontories of Penmaen Bach and Penmaen Mawr.
In 1868: "DWYGYFYLCHI, a parish in the hundred of Uchaf, in the county of Carnarvon, 2 miles W. of Conway. It is a pleasant little village, situated on the coast. The Holyhead railway passes through the parish The hamlets of Isa-pen and Ucha-pen are within its boundary. Some of the inhabitants are employed in the copper works. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor, value £125, in the patronage of H. and L. Eyton, Esqs. The church is dedicated to St. Gwynin. In this neighbourhood are a great number of antiquities, consisting of cromlechs and single upright stones, the remains of a British camp, with ditches and ramparts, &c." [The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)]
For more information on Dwygyfylchi see: Genuki - Dwygyfylchi
|before 31 March 1974||Caernarfonshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Conwy|