Duluth Minnesota Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 521 Upham Rd, Duluth, MN 55811-5534
- Language: English
- Wednesday: 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Holiday Schedule and closures:
Closed Major Holidays and Conference Weekends. Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Day, New Years Day, Independence Day, General and Stake Conference
Calendar and Events
None scheduled at this time
Beginning to intermediate instructions provided every Saturday morning 9:00 an to 11:00 am.
No class available 13 & 27 April 2019, however, intermittent help available with staff scheduled.
Staff Newsletters monthly and as needed via email
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The Duluth Family History Library has Microsoft based computers connected to the internet, capable of reading PAF files and creating PDF files of the documents to be read on Microsoft or IOS machines.
Staff Research Specialties:
Increased knowledge in Finish, Swedish, Norwegian Records
Resources in the Local Area
Duluth Pubic Library
Superior Public Library
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
- http://www.mndiscoverycenter.com/research-center/ Iron Range Research Center, discover naturalization of citizens prior to WWI
Volunteer at the Center
The Duluth Minnesota Family History Center is always looking for volunteers to staff the center. You must be able to use a computer and understand the software commonly used to help beginners start and continue to find family members. You must have a good grasp of Family Search and be able to use microfilm and microfiche equipment, as well as understand the hard copy information available in the library.