Dover Delaware Family History Center
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 237 Lebanon Rd, Dover, DE 19901
- Language: English
- Hours of Operation:
- Dover, Delaware Stake Family History Center reopening phase 1 schedule:
We have received permission to have limited appointments in the Family History Center. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. We will then arrange for a staff member to let you in the building. That staff member will stay in the building just outside the Family History Center room for emergency purposes. Your research needs must meet the following requirements:
1. You need to look up images that are only available on our center computers or free subscriptions. (ones that are restricted for you at home)
2. You can find the collection and information on your own - no “one-on-one” sit down help is permitted.
3. You can schedule a 2 hour block between 9am-3pm M-F at the email address listed above.
4. You must stay in the Family History Center room during the time of your visit.
5. Masks are required to be let into the building and to the center, but are not required during your stay in the center since you will be by yourself (you may bring one other family/friend).
6. When you have completed your research please advise the staff member outside the Family History Center room, so they can sanitize the room and secure the building.
Thank you for your patience.
Gina Smith, Dover Stake Temple and Family History Consultant over the Family History Center in Dover, Delaware
- Closed: during bad weather conditions
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings:[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.