Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dorset Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Bournemouth[edit | edit source]
There is one crematorium and four cemeteries operated by Bournemouth Borough Council.
- Crematorium & North Cemetery, Strouden Avenue
- Opened in 1927 although the cemetery chapel was modified to encompass a dual role as a crematorium in 1938. A second smaller Cemetery / Crematorium Chapel was added in 1963
- East Cemetery, Gloucester Road
- Sometimes referred to as Boscombe Cemetery because of its location – it is adjacent to Kings Park and the entrance is on Gloucester Road.
- Kinson Cemetery, South Kinson Drive
- The most recent Bournemouth Cemetery opened in 1936.
- Wimborne Road Cemetery, Wimborne Road
- The first cemetery to be opened in Bournemouth, in the year 1898. The entrance is at the junction of Wimborne Road and Charminster Road and aptly known as Cemetery Junction.
Monumental Brasses[edit | edit source]