Diocese of Truro
|Diocese of Truro|
|Bishops Court||Court of the Bishop of Exeter|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
Cornwall Diocese of Truro
The Diocese of Truro covers the whole of Cornwall, including the Isles of Scilly. and was formed on 15 December 1876 from the Archdeaconry of Cornwall, in the Diocese of Exeter. The cathedral is in Truro.
Many of the communities in the diocese, as well as the parish churches, bear a Celtic saint's name, which is a reminder of the links with other Celtic countries, especially Ireland, Wales, and above all Brittany. It includes 313 church buildings.
The diocese is divided into two Archdeaconries:
- the Archdeaconry of Bodmin which includes the Deaneries of Trigg Minor and Bodmin, East Wivelshire, Stratton, Trigg Major, and West Wivelshire
- the Archdeaconry of Cornwall which includes the Deaneries of St Austell, Carnmarth North, Carnmarth South, Kerrier, Penwith, Powder and Pydar.