Dickson County, Tennessee Compiled Genealogies
Has anyone studied my Dickson County, Tennessee family before?
Message boards and online family trees can help you learn if someone is actively researching your ancestors. More than half a dozen books or articles have been published about Dickson County's families. Descendants of some historic residents have had their DNA tested.
- Main article: Dickson County, Tennessee
General[edit | edit source]
- Dickson County Heritage Book Committee and H. Alan Ragan. The Heritage of Dickson County, Tennessee, 1803-2006. Waynesville, N.C.: County Heritage, 2007. FHL US/CAN Book 976.844 H2d.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Adams] Hampton, Estelline Adams. John Adams, Esquire (III): Ancestors and Descendants. Unknown: unknown, 1976. Available at FHL Film 982157 Item 7; digital versions available at Ancestry ($); FamilySearch Digital Library; and Heritage Quest Online ($).
- [West] Boyle, Blodwen West. Isaac West's Family of North Carolina, South Carolina and Dickson County, Tennessee, 1745-1850. 1974. FHL Book 929.273 A1 no. 1146.
- [West] West, James Edwin. Samuel Walker West : families and genealogies Washington, Utah : J.E. West, 2007
FHL book 929.273 W52wje. Digital version available at FamilySearch Digital Library
References[edit | edit source]