Dettingen Parish, Virginia
From FamilySearch Wiki
(Redirected from Dettinger Parish, Virginia)
Dettingen Parish has served Fauquier and Prince William counties. Quantico Church and Broad Run Church (also known as "Slaty Run Church" and "the church at Redmans") belonged to this parish.
List of Ministers
- List of Rectors of Dettingen Parish 1745-1978, The Newsletter of the Prince William County Genealogical Society, Vol. 6, No. 4 (Oct. 1987):32-33. FHL Collection
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
- "Dettingen Parish, Prince William County, Virginia, Dumfries Church Register, 1815-1824," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 30, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1986):90-98. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 26 (1982). Includes register of communicants and baptisms.
- Dettingen Parish Register of Marriages, Magazine of Virginia Genealogy, Vol. 24, No. 1 (Feb. 1986):84.
- Records of Dettingen Parish, Prince William County, Virginia: Vestry Book, 1745-1785, Minutes of Meetings of the Overseers of the Poor, 1788-1802, Indentures, 1749-1782. Dumfries, Va.: Historic Dumfries Virginia, Inc., 1976.
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- Ronald Ray Turner, Prince William County, Virginia, Burial Index, 1800-1993 (Manassas, Va.: R.R. Turner, c1994).
- William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- Margaret B. Binning, "Birth Records of Prince William County, Virginia Prior to 1912 (From Various Sources Except the Official Register)," available online, courtesy: RELIC.