Denio, Gwynedd, Wales Genealogy
History[edit | edit source]
In 1870: DENIO, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the coast, containing the town of Pwllheli. Post town, Pwllheli. Acres, 1, 278; of which 376 are water. Real property, £4, 998. Pop., 2, 420. Houses, 567. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llannor, in the diocese of Bangor. The church was built in 1860, at a cost of £450; and is in the early English style. A grammar school has £40 from endowment; and other charities £24. [John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)]
For more information see Denio at Genuki.