Democratic Republic of the Congo Languages
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Democratic Republic of the Congo Wiki Topics|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo Background|
|Local Research Resources|
The official language of Congo is French. Other major languages are Lingala, and Kikongo.
For word list and help researching in Democratic Republic of the Congo records, see:
Swahili Language Resources
- Languages spoken in Kenya
- Swahili Alphabet, Pronunciation
- Swahili language resources
- Swahili language overview
- Swahili basics and grammar
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Congo,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 2000.