|Delaware Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- American Biographical Library for Delaware ($)
- Delaware Biography Project. Index.
- Biographical and genealogical history of the state of Delaware, Vol.I, images. Vol. II.
- Biographical sketches of prominent Delawareans, e-book
- Historical and Biographical Papers, e-book
Some representative biographical publications or collections are:
- Bendler, Bruce A. Colonial Delaware Assemblymen, 1682-1775. Westminster, Maryland: Family Line Publications, 1989. FHL Collection 975.1 N2b. The name, death date, county of residence and date, and often the parents, wife, children, and sources are listed.
- Biographical and Genealogical History of the State of Delaware . . . Two Volumes. Chambersburg, Pennsylvania: J.M. Runk & Co., 1899. FHL Collection 1000155]. This contains biographies from the 1600s to 1890s.
- Turner, Joseph Brown. Genealogical Collection of Delaware Families. Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1948. FHL Collection On 652 fiche starting with 6361460. This consists of alphabetical files for about 3,000 families. The Delaware Public Archives has the original films.
The Delaware Public Archives has a Book Catalog Index on 3 x 5 cards which indexes names mentioned in genealogies and local histories. This is by surname and does not contain given names. This is not a complete index to all the surnames. They will search it for you, if you include a large, self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request.