Cypress California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 4000 Orange Ave Anaheim, CA 92804 United States
- Corner of Orange Ave and Holder St, between Valley View Blvd and Western Ave.
- Tuesday:9:00am-12:00pm and 3:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday:9:00am-12:00pm and 3:00pm-8:00pm
- Thursday:9:00am-12:00pm and 3:00pm-8:00pm
- Friday:9:00am-12:00pm and 3:00pm-8:00pm
Calendar and Events
Class Schedule: Classes on becoming temple and family history consultants and indexers are held every Sunday evening from 6 to 8 PM.
Staff Training Meetings: 1st Thur of each month, 7 PM
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center is equipped for patrons to view and print from microfilms that are ordered on-line for delivery to this center. Film may be ordered from your home at: www.familysearch.org/films
- Strong Sicilian and Hispanic resource.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, such as Ancestry.com.
- 7 networked workstations, 5 micro film-fiche readers, micro-film digitizer, hard copy Mormon pioneer family group sheets.
Staff Research Specialties
Very strong multi-media services (microfilm/fiche digitizer, convert all info formats to DVD-CD disks).
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center
Anyone interested in extending hispanic or sicilian family history