Cyffylliog, Denbighshire, Wales Genealogy
Cyffylliog (or, more correctly, Y Gyffylliog) is a village, community and ecclesiastical parish in Denbighshire, Wales. It is situated to the west of the county town of Ruthin on the banks of the Afon Clywedog.
" CYFEILIOG (CYFYLLIOG),a parish in the hundred of Ruthin, county of Denbigh, 5 miles (W.) from Ruthin, containing 636 inhabitants.It is situated in the southern portion of the county, and is intersected by several small streams, which, rising in the circumjacent hills, unite within the parish, and, flowing in a north-easterly direction, fall into the river Clwyd. It comprises a moderate extent of arable and pasture land in a good state of cultivation...." (A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833, Samuel Lewis)
For more information see Cyffylliog, Denbighshire at genuki.org.uk
|before 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Denbighshire|
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Cyffylliog Parish Church at Clwyd FHS