Crondall, Hampshire Genealogy
Guide to Crondall, Hampshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Hartley Wintney|
|Registration District||Hartley Wintney|
|Parish registers: 1569|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1780|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
CRONDALL (All Saints), anciently CrundeHalle, a parish, in the union of Hartley-Wintney, hundred of Crondall, Odiham and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, 3½ miles (W. N. W.) from Farnham with the tythings of Crookham, Dippenhall, Ewshott, and Swanthorpe. There are places of worship for Independents, Ranters, and Bryanites..
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Crondall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FMP = findmypast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|GENUKI = GENUKI - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|CRONDALL PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Genealogy from Periodicals
Cope, Wendy. The Day of the Funeral. Picture of family taken on the day of William Coles funeral, March 1873, on the front cover of the magazine. Description of family and family tree of Daniel Dimes and Sarah Miles married 29 April 1815. Article covers time period 1792-1914, to be found in The Hampshire Family Historian, vol. 18, part 1, page 2, FHL Ref 942.27 B2h
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 729-733. Date accessed: 18 June 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013.
- 'Hampshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 23 September 2013.
- Phillimore Hampshire Parish Marriage Registers, Vol. 4 (1900). Digital version at GENUKI - free.
- 'Hampshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 30 September 2013.