Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Uffculme
See England Probate Records for a general description of probate records in England.
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Wiltshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Indexes[edit | edit source]
Online Indexes[edit | edit source]
Printed and Published Indexes[edit | edit source]
- Wills at Salisbury 1464-1858
- The Uffculme wills and inventories : 16th to 18th centuries edited by Peter Wyatt
Records[edit | edit source]
Archives Location[edit | edit source]
The Wiltshire and Swindon Archives
Chippenham, SN15 3QN
Tel: 44 (0)1249 705500
Archive Records[edit | edit source]
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Microfilm of original at Wiltshire County Record Office.
Family History Library Records [edit | edit source]
Films can be view in the library or in a family history center.
Juridisdiction[edit | edit source]
This court had jurisdiction over Uffculme.