Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Stow Longa
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit Huntingdon Library and Archives or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Contact the Huntingdon Library and Archives about indexes to probate material.
An index to probate documents, 1549-1859, is published in the Transactions of the Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire Archaeological Society, volume 3 pages 79-80. It includes all peculiars in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdonshire but it is not clear if all years and types of probate material is included.
The records for this court are housed in the Huntingdon Library and Archives.
Family History Library Records
- Wills, 1661-1857, on film number 187897
- Admons, 1737-1837, on film number 187898
- Inventories, 1733-1848, on film
Stow Longa, Easton, Spaldwick, Stow, Barham and Catworth Parva.