Court of the Peculiar of the Manor of Ellesmere
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Probate Records of This Court in The Family History Library".
3. Contact or visit Shropshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Indexes at the Family History Library
- "Calendar of Shropshire wills and administrations deposited in the Shrewsbury District Probate Registry, 1630-1857"
- Index to Grants 1630-1858
The surviving original records are deposited at:
Community Services, Castle Gates
Shropshire SY1 2AQ
Tel 44+ (0)1743 255350
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
- Original Wills 1630-1858
- Register Copy Wills & Act Book 1734-1841
Family History Library Records
This peculiar (smaller) probate court held jurisdiction over the parishes of Ellesmere, including Colemere and Lyneal, and Welshampton, in Shropshire.