Court of the Manor of Edwinstowe
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Herefordshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
The Nottinghamshire Archives has an index to probate records including this court. Contact the archives for assistance.
Some records for 1521-1801 (probate documents for approximately 180 persons) are indexed in The Northern Genealogist, volume 1, published in 1895. (FHL book 942 B2ng, vol. 1, pages 22-24; film #0086967. For the locations of other copies, see WorldCat.)
The original records are deposited at the Nottinghamshire Archives.
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
- Original wills, bonds and inventories, 1647-1805
- Enrolled wills and inventories, 1520-1610, 1632-1650, and some for 1737-1888
The records have apparently not been microfilmed. Contact the archives for assistance.
Family History Library Records
Wills and administrations, 1640-1858. The Court of the Manor of Mansfield includes records for Edwinstowe.
This court had jurisdiction over the parishes of Edwinstowe and Carburton.